Founded in 1990, TWA Photographic Artists is a family owned and operated local small business. We are the in the Knot.com’s Best of Weddings Hall of Fame for consistently ranking in the top 5% of all wedding photographers in the Chicago area. We have also been awarded Wedding Wire’s Couple’s Choice Award every year since its inception. As proud as we are of these rare accomplishments, we are most proud of the priceless memories our passionate and caring tribe of photographers have captured and preserved for thousands of Chicago area couples.
In fact, over the years we’ve seen and captured just about every incarnation of true love imaginable—and yet, no two stories have ever been the same. That’s why we approach your special day as a unique journey that we take together.
We walk you through every step, from engagement photos and perfectly capturing those forever wedding day moments, to your in-studio photo reveal party and expertly crafting your very first family heirloom…your wedding album!
Key features and benefits:
- Meet with and approve your photographer: On your wedding day you will probably spend more time with your photographer than any other single person. We understand the level of comfort and trust you need to have in order to be at ease and natural in your photographs. This is why we make sure you are paired not only with a great artist, but also a caring individual who understands how to help and support you throughout your wedding day.
- Our limit is no limit: All of our packages give you unlimited pictures taken at unlimited locations. Oh, and did we mention that all travel in the Chicago area is included too?
- Exclusive TWA Masterpiece Retouching System: At TWA, we love what we do – making our couples incredibly happy! This not only means working to ensure we capture your magical day exactly the way you envision, but also by meticulously enhancing each photo in order to produce the most stunning prints, wall decor and albums possible. We do this by using our exclusive Masterpiece Retouching System. The TWA Masterpiece Retouching System takes your beautiful wedding day images to an entirely different level; one that other studios simply don’t offer. During this 7-step process, your images are carefully enhanced by a TWA certified digital artist. First, the lighting, contrast, color balance, and tonal curve of your images is fully optimized. Imperfections are then removed, and the standout features of each image become even more prominent through our proprietary enhancements. The end result is truly stunning! Why do we dedicate so much time enhancing your images? Because we know that you will increasingly rely on your images to rebuild your memories that naturally fade with time. Simply put; the more vivid, stunning and flawless your images are, the better your memories will be later on. This is why we feel that great photography increases in value and is such an important investment in yourself, your marriage and future family!
- Digital files: You get two versions of your files. The first version are rendered at media resolution specifically to make it easy for you to share your memories with friends and family online. The second version are provided at high resolution once we have edited them for your album and product selections using our Masterpiece Retouching System.
- We provide peace of mind: Let’s face it, most (actually, almost all) wedding photographers today are holding down a full-time job while also trying to do wedding photography on the side. Do you want to trust your once-in-a-lifetime memories to a side hustle? Neither do we. We’re an actual business with full-time employees and a dedicated customer service team taking care of your every need, every step of they way. In case of an unforeseen wedding day emergency, we have backup photographers and equipment on standby for you. And unlike the part-time side hustling photographer, we’ve been in business for over 20 years so you can rest easy knowing we will still be in business and here for you when your wedding day arrives.
- We got your back: We backup your photos as if they were our own. All your photos are kept safe in three different places; locally in our studio, at an off-site location, and in the cloud.
- Small, local and intimate: Do you want to support small business in your community? TWA is a family owned local small business founded right here in Chicago. We support our local community everyday by putting dollars back where we earn them and employing our exceptional local talent.
- Money back guarantee: Why have one money back guarantee when you can have two? Once you decide to hire us (great decision by the way) you have 45 days to cancel services and get your full retainer back, every bit of it. If, after the wedding, you are not thrilled with your photos, you can get a refund for package you paid for.
- Rainy day guarantee: Okay, it’s Chicago so we can’t promise it won’t rain. But if it does rain and you are unable to take the outdoor photos you planned for, you can schedule a post-wedding shoot at no additional charge.
- A full line of the highest quality albums and home decor products: Most photographers shoot, send you the unedited or slightly edited digital files and then say goodbye. But is that how you want your wedding memories to end up; sitting on a computer hard drive where they are occasionally viewed and eventually forgotten? We didn’t think so. Our commitment to you goes well beyond the wedding day. We provide you with the highest quality and most unique albums and products you will find anywhere. After the wedding, we invite you back into our studio for your very own reveal party where you get special pricing and incentives on everything we offer. Your album and home decor products are designed by our team of designers and then handcrafted right here in Chicago. Everything is then shipped directly to you at no additional charge.
Meet the Executive Team
Libby | Operations Manager
Hi! I’m Libby. I am a health and wellness fanatic, yoga enthusiast, ambivert, travel extraordinaire (17 countries and counting!) and I spend my spare time in the great outdoors, eating at local favs or snuggled up at home with my husband, a glass of wine and our 2 dogs and 1 cat (who acts like a dog). I’ve worked in the wedding industry for 11 years. To me, experiences are far greater than anything we can buy in life. I value experiences more than anything and want to help you create your dream photography experience on your wedding day and beyond!
Katie | Imaging Manager
Hi, I’m Katie! I love sushi, crafting, travel, all things Scottish, and Shark Tank. Most of all, I love spending time with my family – my two crazy (but adorable) dogs, my amazing husband, and our wonderful and rambunctious toddler. I studied Fine Art with a concentration in Photography in college and have always had a passion for exploring new places and telling the stories of the people I meet. I’ve been working at TWA for several years and feel grateful that I am able to be a part of preserving so many memories!
Deanne | Executive V.P.
Hi I’m Deanne! After receiving my first camera at the age of 12, I have had a love affair with photography and people. I have been working in all aspects of the event industry for over 25 years. I have found that RELATIONSHIPS are my passion, which is odd, since I am a self-proclaimed introvert. I am much more comfortable behind the camera then in front of the camera!
My camera allows me to interact with people on so many different levels, capturing them at their happiest and most vulnerable times. I gain inspiration from the idea that the people I meet and their memories will live on forever through my photographs.
When I am not photographing, I am enjoying lake life with my family. I love sailing, kayaking, paddle boarding with my dog, fishing and spending time with friends. I am an adventure seeker and love to be outdoors, but I am also quite content reading for hours. I have a soft spot for Hallmark Christmas movies, children and all animals.